Friday, February 20, 2009

Another concert and my first writing experience.

Well, after a few days of nothing happening, I had a couple pretty cool events. First and formost, I have begun trying my hand at song writing. As I've mentioned before, I can't write music to save my life but I can write lyrics pretty well. So I wrote some lyrics and managed to find myself a guy from my church who can write music. So I may be on my way to having an original song soon. I'll let you know once I hear from John, the guy who I gave the lyrics to.

In other music news, it would appear June 7th will not be my next concert. I now have another performance before that. On April 17th I will be performing at the Linger Longer Cafe in Allegany, NY. I will be performing at 7 pm and I highly recommend people come and check it out, not so much to hear me but to try the food and great dessert drinks they offer. The cafe and bookstore have not been doing very good business-wise and I want to help in any way I can because it's a great place and I'd hate to see it go. So even before my concert, if you live in the area, check it out. It's got wonderful food and a very nice, though dwindling bookstore.

Well that's about all that's going on right now. Everything else is pretty much same old same old. School's going well, my jobs aren't giving me a lot of hours but with the economy the way it is, I'm not surprised. We're doing pretty good getting Kali to take her heart medicine...oh and by the way, never trust a cat to sleep next to you when you're sleeping. I thought Bummer was trying to suffocate me today when he decided to sleep on top of my face. lol.

Anyway, till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment